What are the Goals of the Course?
• Introduction to college level writing and reading.
• Critical thinking and analysis skills.
• Becoming comforatble with college academic work.
Develop Habits for Learning
• To develop arguments and support them (respecting other’s perspectives).
• To learn/improve communication skills.
• Critical reading and exploration.
• Accuracy and thoroughness.
• Keep notes and records.
What are the ground rules?
• Academic integrity
What is the Approach?
Learn through discussion, reading, writing, and exposition.
• Informal- Journal - Notes, discussions, reflections.
• Formal - Papers, proposals, bibliographies, essay.