| Friends Homepage | Minutes main page | MTU home page |
Minutes

Board Meeting

Friends of the Van Pelt Library

Thursday, March 11, 2004 

Present: Dee Vincent, Karen Hubbard, June Hawthorne, Phyllis Johnson, George Love, Mary Marchaterre, Amy Hughes, Faith Morrison, Terry Reynolds, Patrick Quimby, Gail Mroz, Dana Richter, Maria Beardslee, Bette Mongold

 Absent: Don Durfee, Dick Rupley

 The minutes of the January 15, 2004 meeting were reviewed. The minutes were approved. 

Terry Reynolds passed out the February 6, 2004 and March 8, 2004 Treasurer’s reports that he prepared.  The total amount in the FVPL accounts is approximately $11,481.68. 

A.  Member resignation 

Dee Vincent informed the board that Marianne Brokaw has resigned from the board. 

Faith Morrison moved that Maria Beardslee be appointed to the board.  The motion passed.

B.  Newsletter

Faith Morrison said that the newsletter is ready to go out.  She passed around a copy for us to see.
 
C.  Book storage – work bees update

Karen Hubbard told us that the work bees have been going very well.
 
D.  Book – pick up and moving

Dana Richter updated us on picking up donated books.  Dana moved that the local libraries be allowed to buy books at the FVPL pre-sale for their libraries collections without having to become a FVPL member.  The motion was seconded by Bette.  The motion passed. Phyllis Johnson will inform representatives of the libraries of this.
 
E.  Report on Econo Slip Collections

Mary Marchaterre showed us a spreadsheet of Econo Foods receipts collection information.  The collection of receipts is going very well.

F.  Audit committee report

The audit of the FVPL accounts has not been completed yet.

G.  Book Sale Date, etc.
The FVPL book sale will be held on April 8, 2004 from 10 am – 4:30 pm in the MUB Ballroom B.  The presale for FVPL members will be Wednesday, April 7, 2004 from 5-7 pm.  We discussed the details of the book sale.  Our next meeting is April 1, 2004, so we will be able to finalize book sale issues at that meeting.

Action items for the book sale:

- Karen Hubbard will find the book sale signs and book ends.
- Faith Morrison will take care of advertising via email, papers, and the radio.
- Dee Vincent will arrange for the tables in ballroom B.
- Dana Richter will ask facilities if they can move boxes of books to the MUB.
- Amy Hughes will contact Kristine Bradof about recycling the previous book sale unsold books at 4:30 pm sale day.
- Maria Beardslee will take care of advertising the sale using table tents.


H.  Construction Update

Phyllis Johnson gave us a quick update on the CILIT construction.  There will be a tour of the CILIT construction for the FVPL board members on Thursday, March 25, 2004 at 4 pm.

We also discussed raising the membership rates, but no motion was made for changes

The meeting adjourned at 5:05 pm.

The next meeting will be held on April 1, 2004, 4-5:00 pm in the Friends Lounge (first floor) of the JR Van Pelt Library.   Submitted by Amy Hughes, March 19, 2004.



| Friends Homepage | Minutes main page | MTU home page |