| Friends Homepage | Minutes main page | MTU home page |


Minutes

Board Meeting

Friends of the Van Pelt Library

March 14, 2002

Present: Faith Morrison, Terry Reynolds, June Hawthorne, Dee Vincent, Amy Hughes, Udaya Kalluri, Gail Mroz, Phyllis Johnson, Dana Richter, Paul Munsterman

Absent: Peck Cho, Karen Hubbard, George Love, Kim Hoagland

Dee Vincent called the meeting to order at about 4:12 pm; action items are in bold.

The minutes of the February 14, 2002 meeting were reviewed and approved. (Dana Richter made the motion to approve, and it was seconded by Gail Mroz.)

The treasurer's report dated March 6, 2002 was reviewed and approved. We have outstanding liabilities of about $2,000 which was not reflected in the report. The liabilities are for travel grants.

Book Sale

The pre-sale to FVPL members will be from 5-7 pm on April 9, 2002. The regular book sale will be from 10 am to 4:30 pm on April 10, 2002. The Bag Sale will be from 3:30 Ė 4:30 pm on April 10, 2002.

Terry said that we need more books. We need to request more books. Phyllis will submit a request in the alldepts email list and will submit an article for Tech Topics. The work schedule was passed around so that we could sign up to work at the book sale.

A work bee will be needed about 1 week before the sale to finish pricing and boxing books.

Publicity: Terry Reynolds will get the book sale posters and table tents printed. Tau Beta will put the table tents out. Dee Vincent will contact Channel 5 to have the book sale announcement on the Community Calendar notices. Udaya will check into putting the book sale notice on the campus ETS system. Faith will write an article about the book sale and forward it to Phyllis and to Tech Topics. Phyllis will post it on alldepts.

Day of book sale, Terry will bring change and will periodically pick up money during the day.

We have Ballroom A in the MUB from Noon on Tues. April 9 until 6pm Wed. April 10.
 
 

Campus Wide Open House 4/27/02

Phyllis asked if the FVPL would be interested in helping with the Campus Wide Open House from noon to 4 pm on Saturday, April 27, 2002. This would be a reception held in the Friendís Lounge in the Library. Faith Morrison moved, and Dana Richter seconded a motion for the FVPL to help (provide refreshments catered by the Union) with a reception in the Friendís Lounge. The motion was approved. June Hawthorne and Gail Mroz volunteered to help on the day of the reception.

Newsletter

We discussed what should be included in the FVPL Spring newsletter. Items we felt should be included in the newsletter were:

Amount of money the FVPL has spent for Library projects,

Donations received,

CILIT building update,

Tau Beta Pi involvement,

Annual Book Sale,

Awards granted,

Econo Foods Receipts project, and the

Campus open house on 4/27/2002.

An updated membership list will be needed by Monday, March 25, 2002. Dee Vincent said that she would send Amy Hughes and Faith Morrison the excel file she had with membership data. Dee will also contact the Tech Fund to request donor information.

Building Plan Update

Phyllis Johnson showed us some recent plans for the additions/changes to the Library building. The plans are getting closer to being finalized.

The meeting adjourned after 5 pm. The next meeting will be April 4, 2002, 4-5:00pm in room 309 of the J. Robert Van Pelt Library.

Submitted by Amy Hughes, Monday, March 18, 2002.
 




| Friends Homepage | Minutes main page | MTU home page |