| Friends Homepage | Minutes main page | MTU home page |
Minutes

Board Meeting

Friends of the Van Pelt Library

Thursday, May 6, 2004

Present:, Karen Hubbard, June Hawthorne, Phyllis Johnson, George Love, Mary Marchaterre, Amy Hughes, Terry Reynolds, Patrick Quimby, Dana Richter, Maria Beardslee, Bette Mongold

Absent: Don Durfee, Dick Rupley, Dee Vincent, Gail Mroz, Faith Morrison

Mary Marchaterre convened the meeting just after 4 pm.

The minutes of the March 11, 2004 meeting were reviewed. The minutes were approved. 

Terry Reynolds did not have a Treasurer’s report because the University is on new report software, and Terry has not been trained how to use it yet.  Terry will email us the report when he learns how to use the new system.

A.    Orange Book Drop
Phyllis Johnson told us that the book drop is taken care of.

B.  Report on Econo Slip Collections
Mary Marchaterre did not have a report to share with us.  Mary will email a report about the Econo receipts collections soon.  NOTE that Econo receipts dated from August 26, 2003 through June 3, 2004 can be used.

C.    Book Sale Review/Suggestions
We discussed the book sale.  We decided to send Thank You cards to people and organizations who helped out.  Dana will take care of Facilities, Terry will send a card to the recycling group (Kristine Bradof), and we volunteered Dee Vincent to write Thank You’s to Tau Beta Pi and SIS, and to anyone else that should be included.

D.    Cards and Blankets
Terry informed us that we have 10 blankets in stock.  The blankets cost us $28.50 each, plus shipping.  We decided not to order more blankets at this time.  We need to form a committee to do a blanket redesign.  Dee Vincent should put out a call for volunteers to join the design team.  Maria and Karen expressed interest in joining the team.  We need to find out if we will have to pay another licensing fee for a new blanket design.

We have LOTS of note cards in inventory.  Maria volunteered to make some contacts with potential sellers of the cards.  Bette also volunteered to make some calls.  The Hoist already took 12 packs of cards to sell.  Dee Vincent can let Maria and Bette know who they can contact.  Terry Reynolds suggested that we sell cards at the Old Settlers Ball this July.  We need to contact Erik Nordberg to find out how we can do this.  We would need volunteers to do this sale.  We decided that we would sell single cards for $1.50 each.  People might be more likely to purchase several single cards if they are not interested in a pack of 12.

E.  Construction Update
Phyllis Johnson gave us a quick update on the CILIT construction.  The stained glass windows were moved this week.  The construction is mostly on schedule.

F.  Audit committee report
The audit of the FVPL accounts has not been completed yet.  Terry Reynolds suggested that the audit be performed in July.  Then the audit can be of 2 fiscal years – FY03 and FY04.  We agreed that the audit would be performed in July.

G.  Book Cart
Karen Hubbard told us that she won’t be handling the book cart sales anymore.  We discussed how the sales could be handled.  We have volunteers to take care of the book cart for this summer: 
May: Phyllis Johnson
June and August: George Love
July: Mary Marcheterre

The meeting adjourned at 5:00 pm.

The next meeting will be held on September 9, 2004, 4-5:00 pm.  Submitted by Amy Hughes, May 10, 2004.



| Friends Homepage | Minutes main page | MTU home page |