| Friends Homepage | Minutes main page | MTU home page |

Minutes

Board Meeting

Friends of the Van Pelt Library

Thursday, November 7, 2002

Present: Karen Hubbard, Gail Mroz, Amy Hughes, Phyllis Johnson, George Love, Terry Reynolds, Peck Cho, Don Durfee, Mike Miller

Absent: Dee Vincent, Faith Morrison, June Hawthorne, Dana Richter, Marianne Brokaw, Mary Marchaterre

Karen Hubbard called the meeting to order at 4 pm.

The minutes of the two October, 2002 meetings were reviewed. Terry Reynolds passed out the Treasurerís report dated November 5, 2002.

We discussed the annual meeting held in October.

Book Cart: Karen Hubbard has been putting new books on the book cart. She will continue to replenish the book cart approximately every 3 weeks.

We discussed the Library open house. Phyllis said that it went very well. We werenít sure if any FVPL members were there for the open house.

Phyllis Johnson showed us library floor plans and conceptual pictures of the CILIT building which the Smith Group had prepared. The Archives may move to the UPPCO building for a while when the CILIT project takes place. Governmental Documents may move into the Archives space.

We plan to discuss the annual book sale at the Dec, 2002 meeting. Should we have the annual sale in 2004 & 2005? We will no longer have any storage in the library for the annual book sale books after the 2003 book sale, so we will have to decide what the future will be for the book sale.

The following slate of officers for the FVPL board was presented:

President, Dee Vincent;

Vice President, Karen Hubbard;

Treasurer, Terry Reynolds, and

Secretary, Amy Hughes.

George Love moved that the entire slate be accepted as the board officers. The motion was seconded by Gail Mroz, and the motion passed.

Mike Miller is joining the FVPL as the representative from Tau Beta Pi. Mike is the local chapter president. Mike told us that they will hold a book pricing bee on Monday, November 11, 2002 from 1-3 pm.

Gail Mroz gave us a fund-raising report about the CILIT. She told us that the project is secure. $3.5 million of the $10 million in pledges has been received. Gail will check to see if any advancement officers are assigned to the library.

The meeting adjourned at 4:45 pm.

COMPLETED ACTION ITEMS FROM THE OCTOBER MEETING

Oct 10, 2002 I sent announcements of the Annual meeting to the lode, the EDS system on

campus, WGGL, seminarcentral, and Tech Topics: Faith Morrison

Oct 11,2002 I was asked to call a November work bee to finish pricing the book donations that we have as of now. I'm calling a bee for Wednesday, November 13 from 1-3pm: Faith Morrison

Oct 11, 2002 I have sent the thank you to Tau Beta Pi: Faith Morrison

Oct 11, 2002 We have Ballroom A (the carpeted side) in the MUB reserved for the book sale from noon Tues. April 8 through the evening of Wed. April 9: Phyllis Johnson

ACTION ITEMS FOR December 5, 2002 meeting

The next meeting will be December 5, 2002, 4-5:00pm in room 309 of the J. Robert Van Pelt Library.

Submitted by Amy Hughes, Monday, November 25, 2002.


| Friends Homepage | Minutes main page | MTU home page |